As the official journal of the World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies, the WFNS Journal will act as the global voice of the WFNS, publishing the highest quality peer-reviewed neurosurgical advances. The mission of the WFNS is to further the worldwide practice of neurosurgery, advance neurosurgical science, and increase its positive global impact. The journal will fulfill this role in accordance and serve as the preeminent global neurosurgical journal for over 130 member societies representing over 40,000 neurosurgeons worldwide.
The WFNS Journal will publish high-quality research with intellectual cross pollination across all continents, fostering a deep commitment to science and scholarship with integrity and professionalism.
The strategic plan for the WFNS Journal will include:
1. The standard resource for global neurosurgery by publishing high-impact papers from a truly global authorship.
2. To be cited and indexed in the relevant databases.
3. To encourage and empower neurosurgeons from low- and middle-income countries.
4. Advancing neurosurgical care by implementing a global platform for the neurosurgical community, while advocating for universal access to research in all countries.
5. Creating a great network of continental editors and editorial board members to support submissions and the peer review process.
We are currently looking for continental editors, editorial board members, and reviewers. If you are interested in supporting the journal, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.