first Thieme Online issue1953
Planta Medica is one of the leading international journals in the field of natural products - including marine organisms, fungi as well as micro-organisms - and medicinal plants. Planta Medica accepts original research papers and reviews from researchers worldwide. The journal publishes 18 issues per year. The following areas of medicinal plants and natural product research are covered: Biological and Pharmacological Activities, Natural Product Chemistry & Analytical Studies, Pharmacokinetic Investigations, Formulation and Delivery Systems of Natural Products. The journal explicitly encourages the submission of chemically characterized abstracts.
Thieme is pleased to partner with the Polish Academy of Sciences – Institute of Organic Chemistry to offer affiliated authors the opportunity to publish in the following titles without Article Processing Charge (APC). Corresponding authors of this institution should opt for the Open Access publication pathway during submission.
- Fast and friendly peer review
- Option for accepted manuscripts to be published online within hours
- High-quality editorial services
- Complete online access to all published articles
- Open Access publishing available (CC BY-NC-ND and CC BY license)
- Global readership
- Listing in major indexing and abstracting services
- International editorial board
- Chance to win the “Most Innovative Paper of the Year” award
- Rigorous peer-review by leading specialists
- Stable impact factor
- Very high rejection rate and with a focus on high quality submissions